The ALL-NEW 2019 INFINITI QX50
The all new 2019 INFINITI QX50 has seen numerous upgrades in the past year. For one things, it allows for easy parking maneuverability and nimble road handling, which set it apart from your run-of-the-mill SUV. For another, the Remote Engine Start System enables you to make every moment of your journey more comfortable. With the ability to cool or warm the cabin for up to 10 minutes, INFINITI Intelligent Climate Control ensures that you are greeted with your perfected climate from the moment you open the door.
The new QX50 also now features a revolutionary variable compression turbocharged inline-four that pumps out 268 horsepower and 280 pound-feet of torque. Though it’s less outright power than the V6 in previous versions, it now features more torque. Fuel economy has as also improved for the new QX50, sitting at 24 mpg city/31 mpg highway, compared to the previous 17 city/24 highway.
QX50 offers an impressive 65.1 cubic feet of cargo space – plenty of room for a weekend getaway with the whole family. The combination of a tall hatch opening, extensive cargo space, and a hidden under-floor bin lets you carry most anything you desire.
Combined with its motion activated liftgate, QX50 lets you load and unload with ease – even a full-size, unfolded stroller. The standard power liftgate is enhanced with optional motion awareness sensors, meaning you never have to fumble with your keys again. Simply raise your foot behind the rear bumper and the vehicle automatically opens the rear liftgate.
Enjoy front row comfort, even in the back seats. The QX50 features a sliding and reclining second row that brings adjustability to all passengers, no matter where they sit. Combined with premium fabrics, tailored constructions, and comfort focused support, the QX50 gives everyone the best seat in the house.
At the core of QX50’s driver assistance technologies is ProPILOT Assist uses a combinations of radar and optical systems to monitor the vehicle ahead of you and the lane markers, and then helps keep QX50 centered in its lane and set distance from the traffic in front of you – even around curves.
Standard driver assistance features include a rearview camera, forward collision warning, pedestrian detection, and forward emergency braking. The innovative Around View monitor uses four vehicle-mounted cameras to provide a full bird’s-eye view of the car and its surroundings when parking. Moving Object Detection helps alert you to moving objects in front, behind, or beside your vehicle.
Available features include a surround-view camera, front and rear parking sensors, a head-up display, lane departure warning, lane departure prevention, lane keep assist, blind spot monitoring, rear cross traffic alert, backup collision intervention, ProPilot Assist, and adaptive cruise control.
- Forward Emergency Braking with Pedestrian Detection looks for potential frontal collisions with pedestrians or the vehicle in front of you. It can help brake in an emergency to help avoid frontal collision.
- Steering Assist is a technology that helps steer the car and eliminate small steering corrections for you by identifying the lane markings and helping center QX50 in the lane.
- Advanced Intelligent Cruise Control monitors speed and distance for you by automatically adjusting your speed, along with the ability to adapt to a full speed range in traffic – and can even come to a complete stop if needed.
- Lane Departure Warning and Prevention lets you focus on the road by providing warnings, and even intervention should your vehicle start to drive out of your lane.
- Distance Control Assist keeps an eye on what’s in front of you and helps to maintain distances set by the driver by pushing back the acceleration pedal when the vehicle ahead is closer than the preset distance.
QX50 Gas Mileage: Tough to Beat This Fuel Economy
The QX50 is more fuel-efficient than nearly every class rival. It earns 24 mpg in the city and 31 mpg on the highway. The QX50’s high fuel economy ratings mean you’ll save about $150 per year in gas money compared to driving the Audi Q5 and about $300 per year compared to the BMW X3.
QX50 Infotainment, Bluetooth, and Navigation
The QX50’s standard features include a six-speaker audio system, satellite radio, a USB port, Bluetooth, and the InTouch dual-screen infotainment system. Available features give your the option of a moonroof, tri-zone automatic climate control, navigation, and a 17-speaker Bose audio system.
The 2019 QX50 is available in three trims: Pure, Luxe, and Essential. All trims come with a 268-horsepower turbo-four engine, CVT, and FWD.*AWD can be added to any trim for an additional fee.
Standard features include leatherette upholstery, dual-zone automatic climate control, a six-speaker audio system, satellite radio, a USB port, Bluetooth, a rearview camera, forward collision warning, pedestrian detection, forward emergency braking, and InTouch dual-screen infotainment system.
In addition to the base features, the Luxe comes with blind spot monitoring and a moonroof.
Standard features include leather upholstery, navigation, a surround-view camera, front and rear parking sensors, and tri-zone automatic climate control. This trim also offers additions and upgrade options to take your QX50 to the next level:
- You have the option of adding a Bose Performance Series Audio System with Advanced Stating Technology and genuine aluminum speaker grilles to add even more refinement to the QX50 interior. With 16-speaker sound array, you’ll experience true concert-like audio across a beautifully wide, professionally tuned soundstage.
- If you upgrade to the ProAssist package adds adaptive cruise control, rear cross traffic alert, and backup collision intervention. The ProActive package adds ProPilot Assist, blind spot monitoring, lane departure warning and prevention, a head-up display, and Direct Adaptive Steering.
- The Premium Heat package adds heated front seats, a heated steering wheel, and more. The Autograph package adds improved styling and unique interior touches. The sensory package adds climate-controlled front seats, a hands-free power liftgate, and Bose audio system, and the features from the Premium Heat package.
Why we love it
“It’s the perfect car for families with pets.” “The comfort. And it has really good storage space.”
– Raul Tafta, Finance Manager – Cesar Hernandez, Brand Ambassador